Decks and structure

Decks and structure

Postby Virtual Architec » 26 Nov 2009, 09:26

First off, I love your website. I think it is a great idea and much needed. I would like to link to your site if it is alright with you. Just let me know.

I have been unable to find a satisfying answer regarding decks. I am working on software conversion into spanish for Latin America. Is deck the most common word used, or cubierta, o plataforma?

Is the same word viga used for Joists-rafters and beams?

Which word is most accurate for decking?

¡Muchas gracias por ayudarme antemano!
Virtual Architec

Re: Decks and structure

Postby mdevloo » 19 Apr 2010, 21:34

Virtual Architec,
Gracias for your post.

I've heard "deck" most commonly with Mexican workers. Also Plataforma, piso, y cubierta. (I don't like cubierta because it clearly means cover, which is confusing) "El Decking" is the mexican prefered for Decking but Piso is what I think is most understood across the board in spanish. Vigas is used for both beams joists and rafters. In my book I specify "Vigas de techo" (rafters) Vigas de piso (floor joists) and vigas de cielorraso (cieling joists) for beams use vigas but i here "los beames" all the time

Sorry for the most late response I'm just now revisiting work with the site after 6 months in India (I gave up temporarily with the construction crisis, but I'm getting back on It)

PLEASE LINK TO THIS SITE I CAN USE ALL THE EXPOSURE I CAN GET :D

Mike Devloo P.E.
mdevloo

Return to 14.0 Landscaping ~ Paisajismo, Jardinería